Help Needed: Taifun Image Extension

What is wrong with my blocks? The images are not showing. I have already uploaded the images

blocks

Where are your images ?
In assets? If yes you have to use path to assets from taifun tools

Yes i have the images in the assets. How to use the path @clement_pignet? Kindly elaborate with example?

the blocks look fine, assuming, there are the 2 files Student.png and Load.png uploaded as media into the assets of your project.

The second image should be an image in png format with transparency to get the overlay effect.

EDIT: the first image must be available on the internal sdcard

Note: The first image must be available on the internal sdcard for the overlay to work. In case your first image is stored in the assets, then first copy the file to the internal sdcard using the Copy method.

does the example project “Scale and Overlay test” downloadable from here https://puravidaapps.com/image.php work for you?

@clement_pignet that’s actually not correct, see the documentation of the PathToAssets method of the tools extension

Returns the path to the assets. This method is useful, if you want to access files from the webviewer component stored in the assets of the app.

Note: this method will work only for the webviewer component. It does not make sense to use it for other components!

Taifun

Thanks @Taifun for your quick response. The images are loaded and the 2nd image is png image. The project you mentioned also works flawlessly. But my blocks are not working

the 2nd image must be png with transparency to get the overlay effect

what happens, if you take my example project and add your images there?
do your images have the same width and height?

Taifun

@Taifun When i execute this error comes up: “Overly: Sorry Can’t overlay a file in the assets”

@Taifun images are of different width and lenghts

Seems like @Taifun’s extension tries to write to the app’s asset folder

yes exactly, the first image must be available on the internal sdcard
I now added a note in the documentation to make this clearer
I also will edit my first answer…

Note: The first image must be available on the internal sdcard for the overlay to work. In case your first image is stored in the assets, then first copy the file to the internal sdcard using the Copy method.

you might want to use one of the crop ar scale methods to bring the images to the same width and length…

Taifun