Gtools version 4

tools
extension

GDownload is dope! Great job.

@Jerin_Jacob what exactly is the GDownloader method?
the same as using the web component like this
How to download a file and save it on your device

if yes, then isn’t that new method redundant somehow?

also downloading a file from the internet might take a little bit, so usually this would be an asynchronous method… but where is your GotFile event?

Taifun

Gtools version 3

Yeah its an non asyncmethod,
as there is already an method I will remove it in next version.Thanks @Taifun for the suggestion.
Jerin Jacob

How to get the timezone (without small inaccuracy ;-)) using standard blocks, for all possible patterns, see here

in my case -6 hours
Taifun

Sorry I was unaware about it.Thanks Taifun.
Jerin_Jacob

concerning the package name: usually the recommendation is to use separate package names for each extension…
see also https://groups.google.com/d/msg/app-inventor-open-source-dev/aSQda5uR-1k/sUcuiy6zAwAJ and https://groups.google.com/d/msg/app-inventor-open-source-dev/cKDxtYwJrEM/O_aOeYNPAQAJ

Taifun

Thanks Taifun.
I will look into it.

But my extension will return as Asia/calcutta.

Jerin Jacob

Release[quote=“Jerin_Jacob, post:1, topic:5695”]
Gtools version 4
[/quote]

Relesed
new
Tool for upcasing first letter of a word.

Jerin Jacob

fyi: this and the reverse feature are already offered by the TextUtils extension from Appybuilder

Taifun

I was unaware about it, thanks Taifun.

Jerin Jacob

I am sure, there is absolutely no problem to add methods/events/properties that already exists. People will choose extension that they like.

yes exactly
however let me recommend the extensions developers to focus on extensions or new methods, which provide something new, i.e. which is currently not possible using existing blocks or extensions…

Taifun

Yes I agree that we should always make new methods. But for example, I actually didn’t know that TextUtils have that method.

But if it already exsist and it is paid, then your welcome to make something like it :slight_smile: :+1:

can some one help me wer does the otp goes can anyone tell me

Taifun

I didn’t get it

Hey @Arjun_Kumar the otp doesn’t go anywhere.The use of that block is to generate a random 5 digit number .And you can make use of this block with the instructions from above quote to send otp to a mobile number.