Issues using zoom on google maps [May/June 2022]

I must be doing something wrong, I cannot get the zoom to work properly on the maps component.

The default is 0, which displays nearly the entire planet.

Nothing changes until I raise the zoom to 21-25, then it’s zoomed all the way in to the ground.
There’s no in-between for me on this.

I’m sure it’s an easy fix but the documentation says the levels are from -15 to 15 but those don’t change the zoom for me.

1 Like

Changes to zoom level will not take effect in a map this is not visible. Are you having this situation?

1 Like

What do you mean when you emphasize not visible?

The map is set to visible if that’s what you’re asking

1 Like

Yes, I meant to say that the zoom will not take any effect if the map is hidden.

1 Like

No, it’s set to visible, I can see it on my device and the zoom just shows the whole Earth

1 Like

The other issue is that the zoom feature requires that the lat/lon are actually valid coordinates.

1 Like

I just leave it on the default and it’s doing this.

I’ve tried entering my lat/long also and still the same

1 Like

If I put the zoom to 25 it takes me to my lat long but it’s zoomed in as far as possible. There’s no inbetween no matter my zoom level

1 Like

Can you provide a minimal project to reproduce this?

I tried using a map and set the coordinates with the Get Current Location block and update the map and set the zoom and I see it working.

I wasn’t going to use the get current location because I didn’t want to go through the process of getting that setup for the App Store, and it’s for a fixed location of a restaurant

1 Like

Seems it’s also whenever I use the hybrid map, standard works as intended.

Hi @overshield I have reported this as a bug. Here is a workaround for now. Can you try this and let me know?

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 2.23.05 PM

1 Like

Circling back here @overshield

Did you have a chance to test the work around that I provided above yet?

1 Like

No sir sorry I have not.
I was saving the email I got about this to test it out on my project the next chance I got.

I usually spend a lot of time in code but lately I’ve been very busy and haven’t had as much free time.

But I will be checking it out soon.

Thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.