Generate Polylines

Olá, gostaria de saber se é possível gerar uma linha (rota) entre dois pontos no google maps automaticamente no thunkable

But with this extension I have to draw the lines before I can show. I want it when the user presses a point on the map, a route between the user’s current position and the point is created, I do not want it to show a straight line between the points, I want it to show a route following the roads.

@Carlos_Pedroza por favor puedes ayudar

Hello! You can use Google Maps Directions API using the web component, receive the polyline encoded, decode it with my extension and draw the route

4 Likes

Thanks, it helped a lot.

Hello, I have a question, when I use the Google Maps API, it returns something like the one I put below. How do I turn this into a list of coordinates to be able to use in your extension?
{
“geocoded_waypoints” : [
{
“geocoder_status” : “OK”,
“place_id” : “ChIJyYfhZ79ZwokRMtXcL6CYxkA”,
“types” : [ “premise” ]
},
{
“geocoder_status” : “OK”,
“partial_match” : true,
“place_id” : “ChIJ8YWMWnz4wokRCOVf1CcJCbY”,
“types” : [ “street_address” ]
}
],
“routes” : [
{
“bounds” : {
“northeast” : {
“lat” : 40.8171321,
“lng” : -73.99449150000001
},
“southwest” : {
“lat” : 40.7416627,
“lng” : -74.0728354
}
},

This code gets the work done for me. ResponseContent is the response from the Google Maps API like you have. Let me know if you have any issues. Maybe later I can share a test aia.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll see what I can do, I hope it works. kkkk

1 Like

Hi can you share the example aia? And do I have to get an api key to use your code?
The image is not sharp.
Thanks!!

Hi, I am new in Thunkable community. I need to generate a Polyline “Live” on Google Maps while walking or running (like in some Running Apps). I need to start this function with a button; to be able to pause it; to stop it; to erase it and to save the track.
I also need to compute how many kilometers and meters have been run/walked and let it appear on a “label” field (that is to convert lat/lng movements into this format…for instance: 10km 50m). Thanks to anybody who can help!!!
Daniel