[Free] Releasing the Dialogs Extension

design
extension

Thanks, but I’m using MIT ai2 environment, maybe is the extension not compatible with it?[quote=“Conor, post:99, topic:2574, full:true”]
Try closing the Thunkable Live app, clicking “Reset Connection” and reconnecting again.
[/quote]

Hi @thunkable,

Perhaps a little bit vain and OT, but any chance of enabling the Reader Badge?

Releasing the Dialogs Extension (101 replies)

Reader
This badge is granted the first time you read a long topic with more than 100 replies. Reading a conversation closely helps you follow the discussion, understand different viewpoints, and leads to more interesting conversations. The more you read, the better the conversation gets. As we like to say, Reading is Fundamental! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
BillG

@BillG It is enabled, you don’t get it straight away. The “badge checker” only runs once a day. You’ll most likely get it tomorrow morning.

Also, this community isn’t just about getting badges. It’s for helping each other and sharing apps - not a competition to see who can get the most and best badges.

@Mika @Helios I get this error when I don’t set an icon for the radio box dialog. (I’m inserting an empty text block as the icon)

Don’t put anything in the box and see if it works.

Like I said above…

Yes. It is a bug and we’ll be releasing a patch in version 4. Without an icon, the dialog cannot be rendered and will return an error.

As of now, you can try with a transparent png file. I don’t know if it will work though…

@Conor wrote:
It is enabled, you don’t get it straight away. The “badge checker” only runs once a day. You’ll most likely get it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for checking on this. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet received the badge. I’ve noticed that 19 other people have received it (two days ago), including yourself.

@Conor wrote:
Also, this community isn’t just about getting badges. It’s for helping each other and sharing apps - not a competition to see who can get the most and best badges.

Hmm, I’m not sure where all of that is coming from. To be clear, I was asking about why the Reader badge didn’t seem to be working after this thread went past 100 replies. I am not “just getting badges”. I am not in “competition to see who can get the most badges”. I have been “helping” in the community with posts and replies. However, I have not yet shared an app.

I don’t think that your comments are warranted.

Apologies everyone for this OT reply.

Thanks,
BillG

@Helios
I’m having a problem with RadioListPicker. I have configured two option possible and the first by default. If don’t move anything and press confirm button…AfterRadioSelection return me -1 index …not 1. If change my choose and then press confirm button …index return work fine.

Thanks for reporting that. I’ll bring out a fix soon!

I have the same issue.

Using Radio selection… if I set it to default it doesn’t work, untill I switch.

Thanks in adv…

Thanks
Abdul.

Looks good, thanks for making this.

hey! light theme not work :frowning:
android 4.4

Here is Version 4!

Version 4 of the Dialogs extension has been released as on April 26, 2017. This is mainly a bug patch release. Here is what has changed.

• The radio button picker returns the correct selection even if the user just presses the select button without explicitly selecting an option.

• “hasIcon” has been included in every dialog. If this is set to false, the icon will no longer be displayed. Please note that an icon will have to be supplied even if hasIcon is set to false.

• Set the selection to 0 in the radioPicker to avoid pre-selecting any item.

• New! Text Input dialog has been included in the extension. This means that you can now use the light theme for the same, thus improving consistency. It works the same as the TextInput method in the default Notifier component.

• New! A new property called “fullscreen” has been included for most methods. If set to true, the dialog is shown stretching across the screen. Use this to provide a more direct and clutter-free UX.
    Note that the selection buttons go behind the navigation buttons if the dialog content is too long. Works best if content is short/ if device has hardware navigation buttons. (Tested only on devices running Android 5.0 and up)

• New! A simple lightbox method. Useful for apps which showcase images (photo albums, product stores, etc.) This enlarges an image and places it above all other components. You should provide the path to the image. (/sdcard/mountains.png)

Here are a few screenshots:

With and without icon

Fullscreen

Text Input

Here is the .aix:
com.vishwas.Dialogs.aix (25.6 KB)

Photo Gallery like lightbox

Yes. The theme changes from Material light to Material dark. For devices running 4.4.4 and below, the theme is Holo light and Holo dark. It doesn’t change that theme.

WOW, Thanks again :clap:

But a little suggestion: Will be possible to make the textInput a little bit smaller? So it can have the same margins as the label

Excellent Work.
Really appreciate!

BTW just a suggestion. Can you make the RadioListPicker to ignore the value in Icon property, if hasIcon is set to false, in a future version? When I supply an empty or a non-existent filename to the Icon, the block returns an error, eventhough the hasIcon is set to false.

Thanks.

WOWOWOWOWOW, I’ve updated the extension and I got this :scream:

Should I have to rewrite all blocks related to the extension?

Yes, of course! There’s no possibility unless you have a backup.