[Free] Extended Web Viewer Extension

aix
webviewer
extension

Hi guys will this extension enable full screen videos like YouTube and other video sites?

Yes, we are working on new update for that.

Nice… keep up the good work

Hmm… I tried to use this for one of my apps. I just was changing the userAgent but it gave me the following error: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.webkit.WebSettings android.webkit.WebView.getSettings()' on a null object reference

Runtime error : java.lang.String java.lang.Throwable.toString() on a null object reference

First you have to use this block. Read description of all blocks to understand how it works.

Hi All :wave: ,
Today myself and @ILoveThunkable release the Version 2 of the Extended WebViewer extension. This version includes support for downloading files that can’t be viewed directly in a Web Viewer.

Version 2

New blocks:

• OnDownloadNeeded

This event indicates that the content in the URL pointed cannot be viewed and needs to be downloaded . The event also provides additional info required to download a file using DownloadFile block .

:one: content length is the size of the file to be downloaded in bytes.
    :two: contentDisposition is a header that is received from the server and contains necessary information to name the file automatically if the filename is left blank in DownloadFile block

• OnDownloadFinished

Indicates that the file has finished downloading .

• OnErrorOccured

Indicates that the webviewer encountered an error while loading a webpage
    Please refer to the codes from Android Documentation

• OnLoadingStarted

An event to indicate that a webpage has started loading ( either from Webviewer.GoToUrl or with the Reload block from this extension ).

• OnLoadingFinished

Indicates that the loading of a webpage is completed.

• DownloadFile

This function can be used to download a file using the default Download Manager of Android. Use this function in the OnDownloadNeeded to event to download a file .

Leave the filename empty to automatically name the file based on the information from the server

• Show Notification

Set this true to show notification of the download after completion.
    Note that a notification is always shown while the download is in progress. This block is only used to determine whether a notification is shown after completion .

:warning: Also the After Reload event is deprecated with this version as it was not accurate and fired before the webpage was completely reloaded. Use OnLoadingFinished block instead.

Download

Version 2 of the Extended Webviewer Extension :
com.ghostfox.moliata.ExtendedWebViewer.aix (14.6 KB)

If you have any questions, suggestions or encountered any bugs, feel free to post them here !

Download with external browser in thunkable webview
[Free] Releasing v5 of WEBVIEWTOOLS Extension
Why when I create a webview application cannot be used for download
Site Loading...webviewer
How to enable Download option without using WebViewer (any other website links)
[Free] Releasing v5 of WEBVIEWTOOLS Extension
Error with screen "Voti"
How to open external links within WebViewer in an external app?
Notifier with Design
Custom Webview Error Pages
How can I make things downloadable from webviewer components?
How add another app like ucbrowser for download big files from thunkable app?
I need my webview to also manage file downloads (typically pdf files) through a web component
How To Make Google Login From Web viewer

I wanna to fix that this update is made only by @Sivagiri_Visakan, I did not help him, as I didn’t have time.

Great Job

I need all of those new blocks. Thanks so much :slight_smile: OnError is going to be so useful :slight_smile:

Nice update @Sivagiri_Visakan and @ILoveThunkable!

Wao a very extraordinary extension. well done guys. and @ILoveThunkable, it doesn’t matter mate, as you have said it is an update built on your original extension so well done guys @Sivagiri_Visakan and @ILoveThunkable

Will be possible for the Download function to set a download path?

Yes… will try to implement with next version

Could you add a way to detect if there is an error? I know you have OnError, but I mean something like ErrorOccurring that reports true if there is an error or false if there isn’t. I need this very much, thanks :smiley:

That is no point to make that… ErrorOccurs only when an error occurs, why else we should implement it.

Read description of that block.

Can you explain a bit more what exact error. Do you mean webpage not found ? 404 error ?

I need it so I can do if not erroroccouring it is really important for an app.

ErrorOccurred is used for catching errors. It will never occur if there weren’t any error.

Exactly, so if it doesn’t occour it reports false.