[Free] Colours Extension

design
extension

Hello everybody
I am glad to release my first extension today. It provides more functionality to edit colours. Here are the currently available methods:

You have to use it along with the make color and split color blocks.

Please test it and let me know if there are any bugs.[poll public=true]

• I’m lovin’ it
  • Doesn’t help a lot
  • Not useful at all
    [/poll]

More functionality coming soon. Please suggest more features so that I can implement them.
Download: com.vishwas.Colours.aix (6.7 KB)
Known issues: No icon set yet.

Cheers :blush:
Helios

Hexadecimal Colors
[UPDATED] Quickly Creating Material Design Colours in Thunkable
AI/Thunkable Color to Hex
Make color block not being able to process one number
Index of Available Extensions
How to add diferent colors to button , tabs or anything
Hexadecimal Colors

This is a nice extension, because now I can use HEX colors from my website. :slight_smile:

It would really help me to make my apps UI look attractive :heart_eyes::blush: Thanks for the amazing extension

great start into developing extensions
keep up the good work!
Taifun

Thank you. I’ve taken your cue to make new extensions and not remake already built ones. :joy::grin:
Helios

Hi @Helios,

Could it be possible that you give me the source? I want to start develop extension too, but I can find much example to start with. I know @Taifun has a few on his site, but I don’t understand it all. Do you know any places where I can get information about starting with building extensions?

Regards,
Sander

Sure I can give you the source. I will put it up in a week or so, along with my own tutorial to creating them. I guess you’ll have to wait until then.

Would love to learn how to make extensions :sparkling_heart:

everything you need to know you can find in the App Inventor extensions document… and if you think, there is something important missing there, please provide suggestions, there is an editable version of the document available…

also this thread might help

Taifun

Thanks man…:blush: Will try making something :slight_smile:

I know about that document, but it doesn’t give good information about things that aren’t added to App Inventor or Thunkable

Thank you all for the support! :heart_eyes:
Please let me know if there is any way I can improve the extension.
Helios

P.S. I’m all outta ideas, anything interesting that you wanna add is welcome. I’ll sure look into it. :slight_smile:

Could you work on an extension to use with the barcode sensor blocks? We’ll love to able to scan bar & QR codes without using an external app. Thanks for your extensions by the way they are super useful. Keep the hard work!! :+1: :ok_hand:

You dont need a external app to scan qr or bar codes.
You can use the bar code scanner component.
Make sure that you disable the option to use a external scanner.

Thanks, Mika, I have used that component a lot but didn’t realize about that. :sweat_smile: :joy:

• add an icon for the extension
  • maybe add the option to style statusbar & overview colors (because right now you need 2-3 different extensions to do a nice color styling and unfortunately also your extra components extension does not work alongside dialog and/or colors extension
  • maybe add input fields for material colors primary & secondary and create the dark/light versions automatically - this would make working with material themes a lot easier

cheers, Chris

Chris you are wasting your time…
This developer has no intention to support his work any more neither update anything.

Keep in mind that it is only 5 minutes to fix the DX error so as to use his 3 extensions together in one project but no response from him many months now… why do you think that he will waste time to provide an upgrade?

sorry I’m new here. how do i can see these blocks in my app builder? I already uploaded your extension file. but cannot find the blocks in color block category

Is it possible to transfer the camera view to canvas1

canvas 1 and pixel colors can be an extension to check

another idea
Detect Faces with ML Kit on Android

https://firebase.google.com/docs/ml-kit/android/detect-faces