FirebaseAddOn Extension (To be sponsored!)

extension

FIREBASE ADDON EXTENSION

Hello thunkers!

I am super excited to contribute to AppInventor and all its distributions! My efforts are now oriented to develop the Firebase component. In you are interested, you can check this post (otherplatform alert!) if you want to check my progress.

In the meantime, @Andres_Cotes and I bring to you a Firebase AddOn Extension that is very useful specially if you want to authenticate with @mirxtrem_appsFirebaseAuth Extension V3.

Methods

• Input: Method for registering the FirebaseDB component you want to get or set its FirebaseURL and FirebaseToken. Use can use it when initializing the screen.

• GetFirebaseToken: Method for getting the firebase token. Returns a string with the firebase token used in the registered FirebaseDB component.

• SetFirebaseToken: Method for setting the firebase token in the registered FirebaseDB component. Parameters: String: The new firebase token to be set.

• GetFirebaseURL: Method for getting the firebase URL. Returns a string with the firebase URL used in the registered FirebaseDB component.

• SetFirebaseURL: Method for setting the firebase URL in the registered FirebaseDB component. Parameters: String: The new firebase URL to be set.

Best practices

In order to register the Firebase component you want to use in the FirebaseAddOn extension, use the input method when initializing the screen. Also, you can use SetFirebaseURL at this moment with an Obfuscated Text block to add a line of security against (instead of adding it in the Designer View).

If you are using @mirxtrem_appsFirebaseAuth Extension V3, after signing in with the provider of your choice. Set the FirebaseToken to the idToken you receive from the FirebaseAuthUserData. Also, if you want to use specific project buckets with information of your user, then set FirebaseDB1.ProjectBucket to users/localId for example.

By doing that, you are now ready to Store and Get values from your private Firebase Database.

When the user want to unauthenticate, you can use these blocks:

Known Issues about this method from the FirebaseDB component: It is known that the library that the component is using is deprecated. Using unauthenticate method will cause a Firebase error remembering that the library is deprecated. This extension is a temporary but effective solution to authenticate users using the FirebaseAuth extension. NOTE: The error will only appear when using the unauthenticate method. You can catch that error in the FirebaseError event handler.

For more information about Firebase Database rules, please check Firebase’s QuickStart Documentation.

Price USD$5

In the following days I will be posting a note about this change

Do you agree with supporting developers by sponsoring their extensions?

• Definitely, I like to support new features.
  • Yes, but I think the target shouldn’t be greater than USD$50.
  • No, I like free stuff.

0 voters

Firebase blocks to set Token and URL
[Free] Firebase Authentication V.3.0 (Update link)
Edit information from the firebase database
Using same Firebase token and url in multiple apps
How to store points firebase and show
Where i set firebase url
Firebase Authentication Extension
Best way to hide firebase token?

Awesome!!
Thank you for this extension, It will definitely be very usefull for a lot of people! :smiley:

We have a new sponsor! Thank you @ivan_moreno for your contribution!
To be fully sponsored and liberated, we need 7 sponsors more!

We have a new sponsor! Thank you Esko Rissanen for your contribution!
To be fully sponsored and liberated, we need 6 sponsors more!

We have a new sponsor! Thank you Alexey Burkov for your contribution!
To be fully sponsored and liberated, we need 5 sponsors more!

Wish more payment options were supported by the community.

Great extension

We have two more sponsors! Miguel Tarazona and Michelle_Pluas! Thank you for your contribution! We need only three more sponsors!

the component you showed on the screen is different from what I find in the addon, how do I set the token for all the firebase components considering that the token is always the same …

this is "setfirebase token"in the component:

The extension is fully sponsored now no ?

Where can I find the download link?

I cannot find the set firebase url block in it?

Nice extension Carlos? I am new here, how can I have it?

the component you showed on the screen is different from what I find in the addon, how do I set the token for all the firebase components considering that the token is always the same …

https://community.thunkable.com/uploads/default/original/3X/6/b/6be0b51ebfab344454af410c21bb8ab338f47e60.JPG

https://community.thunkable.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/b/4b2431aebc3224f424d2424b0b409a45f4c03b2d.JPG

How can I link the application to firebase to send these messages that appear in the image to users at the same time?

I’ve sent to you some messages in another comunity site, about Firebase Addon extension.
Cannot get pay by PAYPAL. Please help me to get the extension.
I trying about few weeeks to get this kind of extension.
Thanks.

Is there any chance to get the Firebase Addon this days?
I sent you $5. I can not wait to try your extension.
please…

First of all thank you Andres and Carlos for an extraordinary extension and your quick reply.
I already tested the extension and got some issues, probably my fault.

Please help me to understand the workflow.
This is my simple login screen

1. I have a Firebase DB with this security rules:
    {
    “rules”: {
    “users”: {
    “$uid”: {
    “.read”: “$uid === auth.uid”,
    “.write”: “$uid === auth.uid”
    }
    }
    }
    }
  2. I already have registered two users in my Firebase DB.
  3. Data structure like that
    Data_structure
    An now the issue:
    When I login with one user it must click twice the login button to be able to access user node (only his node).
    I tried with and without the FirebaseDB.Unauthenticate method.
    Thank you.

Dear Carlos,

I have sent you $5 through PAYPAL please send me the firebase addon extension to my email [email protected]

Thanks

• Ngan Le

I havve no paypal can i pay you in crypto like in XRP and you have no fees to pay like in paypal