Filelist Taifun to list

I use FileList to collect filenames from a directory. This collection is a unique string.

I try split the string at ’ / ’ but I can not do it. How can I split the string generated from a FileList?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

Taifun

Message Dialog shows two files in one only string without split. Length result is 1 too after splt with ’ / '. Split doesn’t work.

Ok, joking.
But really. How should someone help you if you hide the most important thing: the filepath string that you want to parse?

FileList works fine. Into directory there are two files and this function shows two files. Show the folder isn’t necessary.

The problem is the result. It is a only string, not a list.

It is a list
bild
/Boban

it seems to be, you are trying to remove the path from all list items in one go?
this is not possible
you have to use a for each in list loop and remove the path one by one

Taifun

Yeah! Now it works.

This way I made it:

1. FileList creates a string, then I split it in a list with “space” character.
  2. But it generate two problems. First element contains “(” character at the beginning and last element contains “)” character in the end
  3. Both have to be eliminated
  4. Then I can delete the files
1 Like