Error migrating from AI2 to Thunkable urgent!

I uploaded my .aia file to thunkable but not from legacy project…

Then, I followed the steps from this Package Name Update (Google Play Store Publishers Only)
I downloaded the .aia file from thunkable and then changed the project name, uploaded from legacy project but still shows me this error:
El nombre del paquete del APK debe ser appinventor.ai_xxxxx.xxxxApp.
Debes usar otro código de versión para tu APK porque ya tienes un archivo con el código de versión 1.

How can I solve this?
Thanks

I cannot follow the steps you did, so a few questions:

• Did you change from AI2 to Thunkable or the other way?
  • Where did you change the project name?
  • Do you know that uploading legacy projects is only necessary when publishing in the Play Store?
  • Where do you get the error? AI2, Thunkable or Play Store?

The error basically says that the package name is wrong and should be another version.

-I changed from AI2 to Thunkable
-I downloaded the aia, change the name in my pc and uploaded again
-Yes, I know this, and thats my problem, publishing the apk in google play (beta version)
-I get the error in Google Play Console

I already checked that, and the version is Ok. In the message also says that it has to be in appinventor route…
Thanks for helping… hoping that this can be fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

So why did you change the name? Legacy option is to keep old package names

1 Like

Because in the post I saw(read my first post), a guy solved his problem by changing the name of the project.

You think, if I download the project in thunkable, upload it in App Inventor, then download it again from app inventor and then upload it as Legacy Project, this will be fixed? Sorry if I might explain bad…

try these steps

1. download the project from Thunkable
  2. rename the aia file to the old project name (xxxxApp)
  3. upload it to Thunkable as legacy project
  4. build the project
  5. upload it to Google Play

Taifun

before uploading a new version to Google Play make sure to adjust version name and version code in the Screen1 properties of your app

Taifun

I did as you say, and the error is still here. I know about the version codes, I already uploaded plenty apks… but with app inventor…
I renamed it to the old project name, and did as you say.
Perhaps this is all because I maked in Thunkable with my App Inventor’s Apk plenty of checkpoints, and then I started to make the app all over again because there were much bugs… So the Apk i’m using is from Thunkable, basically.
I would have liked more information on all this before I started, but I was quite excited when I tried Thunkable

There are no other choices? I have to rebuild this app from App Inventor?

Yes, everything is OK with the code. Really I don’t know why this says I already have a code with the version 3, cause I don’t.

you have to increment version code and version name

you might want to provide a screenshot of the error message…

Taifun

I’m pretty sure that only the version code needs incrementing. Version name can be kept the same for every release - though it’s not recommended.

No, I have the Code Name O.k… code: 8 version name code: 1.8

This is the error I still get…

Error en la carga
Cargaste un archivo APK firmado con un certificado diferente del que se usó para firmar tus archivos APK anteriores. Debes usar el mismo certificado. Los certificados que usaste para firmar tus archivos APK actuales poseen las huellas digitales
[ SHA1: 00:2C:AA:13:6F:39:C7:40:6E:92:D4:08:DD:7A:44:63:8F:A1:58:3E ]
y los certificados que usaste para firmar el APK que cargaste tienen las huellas digitales
[ SHA1: 6A:F4:34:37:52:16:6A:B0:65:47:54:1C:D8:83:8F:82:95:C0:03:BF ]

Yes, I have incremented all this…
This is the error I have…

Error en la carga
Cargaste un archivo APK firmado con un certificado diferente del que se usó para firmar tus archivos APK anteriores. Debes usar el mismo certificado. Los certificados que usaste para firmar tus archivos APK actuales poseen las huellas digitales
[ SHA1: 00:2C:AA:13:6F:39:C7:40:6E:92:D4:08:DD:7A:44:63:8F:A1:58:3E ]
y los certificados que usaste para firmar el APK que cargaste tienen las huellas digitales
[ SHA1: 6A:F4:34:37:52:16:6A:B0:65:47:54:1C:D8:83:8F:82:95:C0:03:BF ]

You need to export your keystore from AI and upload it into Thunkable.

Have you read this doc?
https://docs.thunkable.com/android/ai-import.html

Yes!! That solved it!
No, I didn’t read that, I only saw the tutorial here in Thunkable… and followed his steps…
Thank you @Conor ! Thank you so much everyone @Taifun @Red_Panda

2 Likes

Glad to see the issue has been resolved! :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello i need help somebody even has an app.thunkable account i would like you to do me a favor please contact me i would really appreciate it

hello i need help somebody even has an app.thunkable account i would like you to do me a favor please contact me i would really appreciate it