[Solved] Dynamic lists - Clone labels

Hello,
I’m working to clone row to obtain a dynamic list but I do not understand how assign values to labels. My original labels are numer 6 and 8 so how I can assign a value to one label and the other to the other?
Many thanks
Andrea

Are you working from this tutorial @Andrea_Marchisio?

This should give you some insight into how to approach the problem.

1 Like

Hello Domhhnall,
I tried to use the same procedure described in the follow post:

How to Display a List of Data in a Custom List Viewer (by Cloning)

In this case the row is cloned and the each label data is changed in own row.
The clone procedure works fine but I don’t understand what are the label cloned name.
is it the right way to create dynamic lists? (based on Airtable in my case) or there are different way?

Andrea

each component has it’s own unique ID, so when you clone a component it will be referenced by it’s device-readable ID (as opposed to a human-readable name like “label1”)

All you need to do is identify that pattern that you data follow, so for example the first label is a heading and the second is a description and this pattern is repeated in each clone. Once you’ve identified this pattern you can then store your data anywhere you like, or indeed pull data from an API or RSS feed.

1 Like

Hi, @Andrea_Marchisio! :wave:

Do you want to do something like this? -

• You have a base row, with two labels in it. Let’s call them A & B.
  • You want to clone the row (automatically the labels inside them will also clone), as per the number of rows in Airtable.
  • Next, you want to change the text of labels A & B of some cloned row.

Thanks! :blush:

exactly that … now I’m using AirTable but with Firebase it’s the same.

The classic dynamic list from a database :wink:
on the other hand, how would you create dynamic lists based on a database?

Thanks
Andrea

1 Like

One of the options

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5d90cb81aab4c26ef753f324/project/properties/designer/

1 Like

Hi, @Andrea_Marchisio! :wave:

So, if you want to do like my above steps, try these blocks, this might solve your problem -

If you don’t know how & where to get those blocks, watch this video -

Thanks! :blush:
P.S. If these blocks solve your problem, please mark this post as Solution :white_check_mark: It will mark this topic as solved in the community :smiley_cat:

1 Like