I wrote a new extension to measure distances between two points. Currently it has four methods
- pythagorean(a, b)
- allows you to calculate the hypotenuse of a and b according to the pythagorean theorem
- gcDistance(lat1, lng1, lat2, lng2)
- allows you to calculate the great-circle distance between two points on a sphere. Input format is decimal degrees (like in the other location components)
- haversineFormula(lat1, lng1, lat2, lng2)
- Has a higher accuracy for shorter distances than the gcDistance
- vincentyFormula(lat1, lng1, lat2, lng2)
- The vincenty formula allows you to calculate the distance between two points on earth with an accuracy of 50 m.
The extension is hosted in my Github repo.
2017-09-01: Initial release
2017-09-02: v2 with more functions
2018-01-05: fixed Play Store error in v3