[Solved] Data Viewer and Google Sheets

see my post
Data_Viewer Google sheets

Still can’t select a table.

When I click selected table drop down it says…Pick a data source first to fill in the data! I have a personal Gmail, hard refresh, cleared my cache, deleted all sources, deleted/removed and re added component… This feature would be a big help for me and i’m itching to use it but I cant : (

Also for me. I already tried the same.

Same boat here… following…

Same situtation for me (I cant see Columns Names)
Extra:

1. I didnt delete Data Sources Name of Veriler

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-05-24T17-21-32.255Z

1. Why i can’t delete Data Sources from Here and seeing lots of same Data Sources too.

I did

Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Connecting Google Sheets to the Data Viewer

This is what happens, when trying to connect Data_Viewer to a new source of type Google sheets:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-18 um 12.33.47 Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-18 um 12.34.00 Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-18 um 12.34.11

For me too. I cant connect Google Drive. I already reset cache and everything that I saw in discussions…

@rollke @ubimidia are you trying to connect to an @gmail.com address or do you have a Gsuite address for work/school?

Regular Gmail

I try to connect to a regular google mail address
xxx@gmail.com

But the main problem for me is: The dialog for login to my google account appears and does not let me log in.
When I click on „Anmelden“ (log in) then a windows plops up very short and disappears. I can do that twice, then the error report comes.

Is someone in the community who is able to connect to a google sheet. And if yes, how?

have you tried making your google sheet public? I hear this works haven’t tried it yet…

I have the same error! I cannot even access the Google Sheets!

That is exactly what happens for me.

The dialog for adding a google sheet now changed.
There is a new button „select a sheet“.
That is nice, but the problem to sign in to google after pressing that button ist still the same.
It is not possible to sign in. See older posts.

@rollke are you using a new project for this or are you trying to load the data into an existing project?

I did it with existing project, with empty project without any element (only try to add a source) and with new project only with a data viewer element. Tried several browsers on Mac and Ios. Always the same.

The „point of problem“ is the dialog after the add/googlesheet/select a sheet dialog.

When the dialog to sign in to my google account lets me select the „sign in button“ appears, then the appropriate dialog pops up and immediately disappears.

I was able to log in to Google Table from a different account.

1. Log in to your Google MyAccount account and select the option - “Log out of all accounts”
  2. in the same browser, open Thunkable X with your YouAccount account
  3. In the same browser, log in to your Google Drive YouAccount account
  4. in the Thunkable X app, try connecting to the table.

After completing these steps, everything works fine for me

Nothing helped.
Tried several Computers, several browsers and three Google accounts.
I cannot add a Google sheet.

Seems as if you had success to add a google sheet. How did you do that.
Still today it does not work here.
Tried it with Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac, Ios and Windows. No success.
Always the dialog to Sign in to google. But this dialog does not work. See my post.
I im signed in to thunkable via normal google account.
Tried it with an email account with thunkable. Then the sign in to google for adding google sheet works. But the data source has no content.

Please, I need a solution for adding google sheets as data source (who has i step by step help?)

With airtable I am successful.
Deleting data sources inside my app an outside on the project page works for me.

1 Like