Compatibility on Google?

Hi everyone. I have updated the new apk in Google, but seems like to some people the app crashes but for me and others don’t… I have a S7 and one of the people who crashes have a s5

This can be 'cause I made something wrong with my app, or is it a normal issue?

Hope somebody have experience in developing apps on google…

Thanks beforehand!!!

Your application was always stuck in thunkable or migrate from another inventor platform

can you take a look at the crash reports?
is there probably an out of memory error reported there (just guessing here)?

if yes, see tip 1 and 2 here

Taifun

My app migrated from App Inventor… that is a problem?

As this person said to me, the app ‘‘crashes’’, and it shows the message: ‘‘La aplicación se ha detenido’’ and then, if you try to open it again, says ‘‘XXXapp sigue sin funcionar’’. In english this would be like ‘‘The app stopped’’ and ‘‘The app still not working’’

And about the post of the screens, I have only 1 Screen, I already use the method invisible/visible. In the emulator was everything working just fine and I downloaded the apk to my phone and tested it personally before updating it to google… so… don’t know what could be the cause :confused:

You already published the first version

si migraste de inventor lo hiciste por el lado de legancy

Puedes hablarme en español, soy española, me manejo mejor en español si quieres:slight_smile:
Sí, lo hice con legacy y me dejó subirlo perfectamente y a mi me funciona bien. Pero las primeras versiones de mi app son con otra plataforma diferente a thunkable

what about following tip 2 then?
and:

by @Italo: First, you need to understand that the file size of an image is not the amount of memory it uses when it’s being displayed. The file size is the compressed size, much like a zip or rar file. When viewed, the image needs to be decompressed.
For example, if your image says its file size is 100 kb, and its dimensions are 1024 x 768, 32 bit color, then that image uses over 3 mb of RAM (not 100 kb!) when you show it on the screen. ((1024 * 768 ) * 32) / 8 = 3,145,728 kb (3 mb)
Now, this is a mistake most people make when using arrangements as “virtual screens”: They set different image components with their images loaded but hidden, instead of having only one image component and changing the picture according to the user’s selection or app events, not knowing that apparently the hidden image components are also using the ram, (yes, even though they are invisible!).

Taifun

lo que estas haciendo es una actualización a tu aplicación, hay 2 post tuyos son el mismo tema o temas diferentes

Yes, I did that too… All the images are the exact size and the images in the app are displayed as percent.

Noo, esos post ya están solucionados… Ya pude subir perfectamente el apk a google y migré de app inventor a aquí correctamente…

El problema aquí es otro; la app va genial en mi telefono, y en el de otros tambien… pero un usuario se la descargó y no le dejaba abrir la app, se le detenía. En muchos otros casos no pasa esto, por eso pienso que sera un problema de compatibilidad de mi aplicacion con ciertos dispositivos moviles

you will need more information about the runtime error, else we only can guess…

in case you have access to such device, you could use logcat to find out more about the issue

Taifun

Debes tener en cuenta

• la versión que tiene el móvil
  • si tienes extensiónes instaladas que sean compatibles
    Envía el link de Playstore para que otros thunker la puedan probar en más dispositivo s

Compare the memory available in the devices that crashes with the memory in the devices that don’t.

I don’t think the memory is the problem, because last update my app was almost 9MB and this device runned it ok. Now, after I uploaded the next apk to Google, app stopped in his device. But the app is now 4MB…

So I don’t think is a memory issue

cual es el link de tu apk

Just like @Taifun cited in his reply about the image sizes, the size of a packaged app IS NOT the amount of memory it will use when running.
You said the app crashes in a S5(2gb ram) but not in a S7(4gb ram). So, if the S5 user has a lot of apps in memory, obviously your app will crash in that device first.
If we can’t see how you use the memory/images in your app, all we can do is keep guessing.

Ok, so what do you need to see? I send an aia or …? Thanks

donde esta publicada o es de uso privado ??