Close Application block

The Close Application block: , doesn’t seem to work on Android 6.

I’ve inserted it into my app and it seems to just restart and open the app again.

EDIT: Seems to be working now.

@Conor It does not work on my app. When I click close app, then the app just disappeared, but it is still running in the background. When I click close app again, it reopen the app.

I have not experienced this before, strange.

It seems to be working now.

It does not work on my app. I just tested it now.

It isn’t. When you click the square button, it shows recent apps not running apps.

Close application block setup

Oh…I see.

Hello Guys.
The ‘Close application’ block. I know it won’t work while in the companion, but it is supposed to work after exporting the app, right? I’m using it when pressing the back button on my main screen (Screen1) to close the app but it just returns me to the previous page I’ve been. Is it a bug?

it’s a bug in your blocks, because you do not switch screens correctly, see tip 1 here

Taifun

Using only one screen is a good idea. :thinking: But it will get a little messed up when using a lot of blocks in just one same screen. For example, I built an app with 3 screens, that had 1000 blocks or more on each screen. It would be a pain to look for a block that I need to change in a 3000 blocks screen. I don’t know, maybe I’m just lazy. :sweat_smile:

If I could sort the blocks in my screen somehow by the components that they belong to, maybe it wouldn’t matter then how many blocks I have. Then it will be easy using only one screen.

it does not look like you read part2 of tip 1, did you?

If you decided to use different screens, then you should switch them correctly, else you will run out of memory after a while… The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor

Taifun

I see it now, thanks Taifun.

not working please help