Can't figure out Get All TinyDB extension

Hi I posted earlier about saving a contacts app in tiny dB to phone so I have a backup and also so that I can load the data back into tiny dB if I buy new device and have to re install data…
I was pointed in the direction of the Get all TinyDB Extension
I am always appreciative of all the help you guys give…
I have installed this extension but can’t figure out how to use it to save my tinydb to a file that I can use later to re upload…
Can anyone help please…
Thanks

I had the same idea for an extension to backup the TinyDB in a JSON file. I wasn’t successful, but here is how it could work:

1. Create a global variable called csvList and initialize it as an empty list
  2. Get all tags and store them in a list called tags
  3. For each item in tags do
    add items to list get value of item
  4. Set csvList to csv table from list (tags values)
  5. Save csvList to a file called backup.txt

There isn’t a way to retrieve the TinyDB data by default. I hope this is understandable as I’m away from my computer to try it

PS: To make myself clear: Save all tags in a list, save all values in another list and create a csv table from a list with these two sublists. Save this csv table to a text file

Hi thanks for your reply…
My app is set up as follows…
I input my contacts Name, Address, Postcode, Contact number, Skill 1 score, Skill 2 score…
And so on…
When I click the save button it calls the tiny dB and stores the " Name" txt box as the tag, then the value to store is a list made up of all of. The other components such as address and skills.

I then add the contacts name to a global list of names which are pulled from the tiny dB tags.
And my list picker shows the global list of contacts to choose from.
Once I choose a contact it then displays the relevant information that tinydb tag.

So would this way be the wrong way to set up my tinydb to allow me to save all the data…
Thanks again for your previous reply

I just got it to work! See