Can't compile my Thunkable Classic App to API28

Hi all
I’ve made an App in Thunkable Classic.
I’m trying to upload it to Google Play Store, but Play Store won’t accept the APK, as it is targeted to API26. I’ve tried to target it to API 28, but Thunkable fails to do this during compilation.
How can I solve this?
I’m getting this error message.
HELP!

T.

Hi @d6c3d11d97b849, welcome to the community! :wave:

Are you using any extensions in your app?

2 Likes

Hi.
No, I’m not using any extensions.
T.

Hi i’m having same problem.

In a previous version i’d made, the aia let me compile API28, after this i continue working with API26 (bcause my devices), and forget about testing parallel compilings on API28 during each modification i made… Now when i was trying to get apk with API28, surprise!.. same error windows appear.

I’ve downloaded *aia, then changed the extension to *zip, then into de zip i open *.bky with Microsoft words and make comparisions with the other *.bky working previous version, but not sucesfull.

In other post I’ve read an user was explaining that maybe you erase a component from the tree upload components before deleting first from the front end workspace, maybe it could give you a clue,… i’m still trying hard to find the error because i waste lot of time and thougts developing… and… u know, it’s hard when you get this issues…

I was doing following tests:

1. I’ve deleted all the Screen#2 Blocks (extensions not deleted, only program blocks) (I have 10 Screens in total), after i do this, i run the API28 builder and the APK was correctly generated !.

2. Then From a AIA copy version, i started to copy blocks From Screen#2 copy version to Screen#2 empty blocks version, using the Backpack, and testing each time if build 28APK was still working.

3. I’ve noticed that less than 2000 Blocks in this screen, thunkable was able to compile API28 apk, but when i overpassed 2000 Blocks, i get the same error window you’ve posted before.

4. Between the time that ends the compiler percentaje indicator and starts the error message window, i’ve made print screen of a message that is displayed so fast, this message saids “Build Failed! Error: Your build failed due to an error in the Activities stage, not because of an error in your program. Error: Your build failed due to an error in the DX stage, not because of an error in your program.” (see it in the picture)

5. When I opened the thunkable webcomunity main link I’ve found this notice:

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow (OCT/26th/2019) we will be upgrading the Thunkable Community.
While this is happening, the Community will be down for about 20 minutes at 9.30 AM PT (Pacific time)!.

Don’t panic if you try to access the Community during that time but can’t.
The rest of Thunkable will still be working! :rainbow:

Thanks for reading!

Edit: We will be updating to Discourse 2.4.0 beta 6. You can read about it here.

Hello Team thunkable
When I Export My app With API 26 Then I Work And Export successfully …
But When I Am trying To Export My APK With API 28 Then This Error Comes … please @Team Help Me How Can i Solve This Problem

Hello Team thunkable
When I Export My app With API 26 Then I Work And Export successfully …
But When I Am trying To Export My APK With API 28 Then This Error Comes … please @Team Help Me How Can i Solve This Problem!

You either hope that Thunkable will fix the the API 28 compiler (I am no longer holding my breath, this API28 compliant compiler is 3 months overdue, and Thunkable wants to terminate ALL support to Classic anyway), or you save you AIA file to your computer and move all you business to another Builder (your app may require some tweaking as some components are slightly different).