Block overload - the ability to use the same block to work with different types of data

To better understand this feature, below are some examples of how the same block can be used to work with both text and list. There is only one block, but depending on the type of parameter passed to it, it will return a different result. This is the block overload (similar to function overload in programming).

For example, a length of text block will return the length of a string if a string is passed to it, or the number of elements in the list if it is given a list in a variable.

What is block overload for? With it, you can create new features for your applications. For example, the first example can be used for a game in which you need to make up a word from a random sequence of letters. The second example can be used to create a notebook, and the fourth - for a quiz when learning letters of the alphabet.

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

2 Likes

@actech thanks for sharing this - however these functions all seem to have different names??

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon I understand your question, and now I see that there was confusion due to which new users can not see the main idea. I will explain this in more detail in the original message.

2 Likes