Background Tasks extension

Hey Thunkers, so today I want to announce my upcoming extension (It will come in 2 weeks).
It will be Background tasks extension. Well, you may think it’s impossible? Well, that’s not true. I will give you an example, of what people said is impossible & what become possible!

@Mika created “Flung effect” for Screen (arrangements). People said it’s impossible, well, Mika made it possible.
@Helios created “Extra components” extension, which allows to add visible components. What did people say? Yes, true, impossible, but he did managed to make it possible.
@Sivagiri_Visakan & Me made support for OAuth, which was impossible too, because of Google OAuth security update.

You should not, say it’s impossible, because everything is possible & I will prove it to you. :wink:, but please notice this is only a preannouncement, it may not work, as it should.

Also, @amrita, @wei, @arun, @albert you guys may want to integrate it afterwards I make it.
By the way, just a notice, that I don’t have a test extension yet.

Changelog

I will post here news about my extension/work/updates.

1. Initial log (Created an extension file)
  2. Created 3 different extension versions (Alpha, Beta & Production)
  3. Started working on extension

[Free] Extended Web Viewer Extension
App Inventor Store - AN ONLINE SHOP!
Extension to connect with Pebble smartwatch

Hello, I just want to request everyone to let me to make this extension :wink:, don’t be like “I will be first” or like “I will make this extension by myself before him” and etc. I will make sure to make this extension free. Also, I will release source code afterwards :slight_smile:.
Thank you for your understanding.

And how do you want to achieve?

Acording to Android specifications:
https://developer.android.com/training/run-background-service/create-service.html#DefineManifest
You have to have access to AndroidManifest.xml

And also, I don’t think that this can be achieved through an extension as it will affect to the core of the app and this can be only achieved in the compiler

This is not to complicate your life :wink:

I’m just curious to know how this is possible through an extension :sweat_smile:
And also, don’t worry. I don’t like too much Java so I won’t try to copy your idea :slight_smile:

Well, I think I know a way![quote=“barreeeiroo, post:3, topic:4573”]
Acording to Android specifications:
https://developer.android.com/training/run-background-service/create-service.html#DefineManifest
You have to have access to AndroidManifest.xml
[/quote]
Well, I know a workaround.[quote=“barreeeiroo, post:3, topic:4573”]
And also, I don’t think that this can be achieved through an extension as it will affect to the core of the app and this can be only achieved in the compiler
[/quote]
Everything is possible, :wink:.

No problem :slight_smile:

You will see :smile:, a good programmer never tells a secret.

You like PHP, I know :smiley:

Well, that depends :wink:
If you don’t like OpenSource code you maybe agree with that, but for me a good programmer always revels and teachs how to achieve something :blush:

I meant different thing. I will publish source code after making an extension, but for now I not tell the secret :blush:

@ILoveThunkable I Like your spirit and confidence. Way to go!

I am confident, because I know a workaround :wink:

I think that might be impossible, but i would love to see you prove me wrong

Where can this be found?

So @ILoveThunkable the Challenge is yours now. :grinning: Make that which is impossible possible :grinning::grin:
I love Thunkable community Family. Active and Determined Members

Hello everyone, I just want to note, that extension blocks, info, changelog, updates & other stuff will be posted in Tasks.gq. If you have any questions, then post them here or in PM.

How’s it going @ILoveThunkable :slight_smile:

Currently I stopped working on this extension due a few things.

???
didn’t you committed yourself to a deadline? :wink:

Taifun

linea 345 en adelante
/*

• Creates an AndroidManifest.xml file needed for the Android application.
    */
    private boolean writeAndroidManifest(File manifestFile, Set broadcastReceiversNeeded) {
    // Create AndroidManifest.xml

puedes probar en un servidor personal y luego lo pasas a los desarrolladores para que lo implementen el sitio

saludos

Andres

I stopepd working on it due stuff in background (as I said in Why dont we get answers topic)

Tasks.gq webpage has been now linked to my other project: Tasks - a simple web server written in Python.
Learn more at: http://www.tasks.gq/.

I too had high hopes and plenty of stuffs in mind for this component. i hope this is not the end of your promise @ILoveThunkable