Are Thunkable apps 64-bit Compatible?

I read that google will require 64-bit apps in the play store …is thunkable compatible with 64-bit apps?

2 Likes

We are looking into the potential issues now and will report back.

Thanks,
Wei

2 Likes

Ok…thanks!

Thunkable apps are 32 bit or 64 bit?

Are you asking something similar to this one?

Best,
Wei

1 Like

Yes

Hi there -

We are not currently 64 bit compliant, but we are actively working on ensuring we are compliant. We guarantee that before Google rolls out its new rule in August 2018, all apps built on Thunkable will be compliant.

Amrita

7 Likes

Ok.
Thank you so much.

A UPCOMING UPDATE FROM GOOGLE
Get your apps ready for the 64-bit requirement Starting August 1, 2019, all new apps and app updates that include native code are required to provide 64-bit versions, in addition to 32-bit versions, when publishing to Google Play. We want to help you get ready and know you need time to plan. Read on for more details to make the transition as easy as possible.
Any answer?

2 Likes

Could any one reply to this question please?

Yes,need a answer for this . Up

http://community.thunkable.com/t/32-bit-or-64-bit/12764/4?u=rojored12

2 Likes

Is there any updates on the captioned topic?

1 Like

I’m really looking forward that thunkable may address the issue on the transformation of the apps from 32-bit to 64-bit to provide an easy and smooth roll out in google play store developer’s console.

Dear Thunkable team. August is getting near and I as many others have to ensure that our Thunkable apps in Google Play are future proof. What’s the status about 32 und 64 bit?

1 Like

Please see Are Thunkable apps 64-bit Compatible?

-Mark

I generated my APK from Thunkable X, after uploading to play store i got the following message.

"This release is not compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they have only 32-bit native code: 1.

From August 1, 2019 all releases must be compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

Include 64-bit native code in addition to 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives just the native code it needs."

2 Likes

Hi @abedo,

Thankfully this message is simply a warning and will not affect the publication of your apps! We are aware of this forthcoming change and have a plan in place to roll out 64 bit Android apps in the coming months.

Ideally, we’ll be in a position to launch in July, but the changes will be in place by August 1.

Thanks for querying this!

3 Likes

I did not understand what is 32/64 bit I know there is this on the computer but in the app ? I would be happy if you could explain it to me😉

OK a very simple way of explaining what a 32bit and 64bit means is on a 32bit architecture phone (very old phones), data is processed for instance 32 bits at a time while a 64bit phone (modern phones) can process same data 64 bits at a time meaning a 32bit phone will take twice the time to complete data processing than a 64bit.

So it makes no sense to build an app or game using the 32bit native code and running such app or game on a 64bit phone so you are under using the capability of the 64bit hardware phone hence app or game performance becomes the key to this changes.

Hope this makes sense :thinking:

3 Likes