Are Thunkable apps 64-bit Compatible?

Is there any updates on the captioned topic?

1 Like

I’m really looking forward that thunkable may address the issue on the transformation of the apps from 32-bit to 64-bit to provide an easy and smooth roll out in google play store developer’s console.

Dear Thunkable team. August is getting near and I as many others have to ensure that our Thunkable apps in Google Play are future proof. What’s the status about 32 und 64 bit?

1 Like

Please see Are Thunkable apps 64-bit Compatible?

-Mark

I generated my APK from Thunkable X, after uploading to play store i got the following message.

"This release is not compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they have only 32-bit native code: 1.

From August 1, 2019 all releases must be compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

Include 64-bit native code in addition to 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives just the native code it needs."

2 Likes

Hi @abedo,

Thankfully this message is simply a warning and will not affect the publication of your apps! We are aware of this forthcoming change and have a plan in place to roll out 64 bit Android apps in the coming months.

Ideally, we’ll be in a position to launch in July, but the changes will be in place by August 1.

Thanks for querying this!

3 Likes

I did not understand what is 32/64 bit I know there is this on the computer but in the app ? I would be happy if you could explain it to me😉

OK a very simple way of explaining what a 32bit and 64bit means is on a 32bit architecture phone (very old phones), data is processed for instance 32 bits at a time while a 64bit phone (modern phones) can process same data 64 bits at a time meaning a 32bit phone will take twice the time to complete data processing than a 64bit.

So it makes no sense to build an app or game using the 32bit native code and running such app or game on a 64bit phone so you are under using the capability of the 64bit hardware phone hence app or game performance becomes the key to this changes.

Hope this makes sense :thinking:

3 Likes

So after the applications will be supported in 64 bit, the application will work faster?

1 Like

Technically Yes its meant to run faster but obviously a badly developed app or game would not perform well. Read more about this changes here

2 Likes

So We need to update all app now?

Not now, Thunkable has not released their update yet.

How do I get a 64 bit variant of my Android app?

1 Like

hi @Nenye,

It’s not available just yet - but it’s on the way.

See more in this message:

2 Likes

i got the warning when it tried to launch my app and i can´t launch it .
How i can make my app a 64 bit app?

It says that i have to include native code of 32 and 64 bits in my app.
How i can solve this?

Hi. I have questions about uploading Google Play Store.

I received the following message. What should I do?

warning
This release does not comply with Google Play 64-bit requirements.

The following APKs or App Bundles are available on 64-bit devices, but currently only 32-bit native code: One

Beginning August 1, 2019, all releases must comply with Google Play 64-bit requirements.

Hi @48d7b0bab98fa9cfafb8, welcome to the Community :wave:

You can ignore this message for now, as it is only a warning and not an error.

See more here:

Oh, I see! Thank you very much for your kind explanation. It was a great help.

1 Like

I generated my APK from Thunkable X, after uploading to play store i got the following message.

"This release is not compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they have only 32-bit native code: 1.

From August 1, 2019 all releases must be compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

Include 64-bit native code in addition to 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives just the native code it needs."

1 Like

So, do we know if thunkable will be able to release 64bit or will thunkable tell us when?

From what I understood after the 1st of august 2019 it will not be possible to upload the app made with thunkable if this 64bit matter is not solved.