Android API 28 is released at Thunkable Classic (app.thunkable.com)

I have determined conclusively, through testing that took me close to a full day, that the API 28 compiler has severely restricted memory allocation. One of my app – granted a very complex one – will compile only if I disable 4000 of its 5800 processing blocks.
It seems that the memory was dropped by perhaps a factor of 3 from the previous compiler.
Moreover, the compilation failure is not accompanied by any error message that identify that inadequate memory allocation exist.

Please increase the compiler memory space back to the level the API 26 compiler had.

1 Like

Hi friends,

We have recognized there are performance issues/bugs with the new release of Android API 28 change. We provide two ways to build the app now: (1) for Android API 26 (2) for Android API 28.

37%20AM

If you have an existing app on the play store, you can use option (1) to update your listing.

Best,
Wei

How can we select the API level?

And is there an estimate as to when the API 28 would be fixed such that it can support existing apps?
I dare presume I am not the only one with published app for which API 28 is simply a play.google requirement that cannot be ignored.

Thank you for that but i request thunkable team to please release a stable version for api 28 as well that is able to compile the apps already built on api 26

i am able to compile the app now with the API 26 option but after downloading the apk and running the package installer the app not installed message is showing up so i am not able to install the app on my device please help me with this…

i am able to compile the app now with the API 26 option but after downloading the apk and running the package installer the app not installed message is showing up so i am not able to install the app on my device please help me with this…

You can pick from the Export dropbox. We are working on improving the target Android API 28. Please give us couple weeks.

Best,
Wei

Since this update my admob is not showing ads. Although When I use test code from admob website it work perfectly. But When I put my own Admob ad unit id it does not work. Don’t know what to do If anyone can help.

@wei

I feel that, at this point, we need a more convenient and direct manner with which to report issues than just posting and hoping thunkable staff to stumble across the posting. For the record, there has been reports that speech recognized stopped working with the API 26 compiler. While the .Get Text block shows two arguments, the function called clearly has only one argument returned. The result is that speech recognizer now only works with API 28. Which could be OK if the API 28 compiler was working properly, which it isn’t. There may be apps that could not be made to work with either API 26 and API 28 compiler.