Add Mathematical Equation Using MathJax to Thunkable

This tutorial will shows you how to display mathematical equation in thunkable app. It works offline, no internet needed.

1. Add WebViewer and Web from Connectivity. While developing the app, you need a variable, name it development and set it to true.

2. Upload the following files:

This is the content of the html file

1. For the math script, it’s easier to use MathType. Write the equation. Set copy preferences to MathJax: LaTex.

2. Copy (Ctrl + C) the equation, paste the code into block of text in thunkable.

3. To display the equation, use the following blocks. Make sure to update the html file name.

This is the appearance of equation in the app. Before exporting the apk, set development variable to false. When return to the editing process in thunkable, set it back to true.

1. To insert a variable into the equation you will need to split it into small chunks of texts. Here’s an example:

This is the appearance of equation in the app. Remember, before exporting the apk, set development variable to false.

This is the aia file. Upload it to your project.
Show_Equation.aia (852.8 KB)

Note: This is just an archive so I don’t keep forgetting how to write mathematical equation in thunkable. I use a modified html from taifun, Mathjax, and jQuery file. I am no programmer, so I really have no idea how this works, but it does works and that’s just enough for me.

3 Likes

Great work. :heart:ed it.

2 Likes