It’s an amazing feeling when you see your app live, online, in an app store for anyone in the world to download. Publishing your app can feel like the end of the road after hours and hours designing, developing and deploying your app.
In reality this could be the start of an even more exciting journey - growing an audience for your app and making it even better for the people who are already using it
Once your app is live you want users to install it and give you feedback so you can release updates and make your app better than ever. This is where #SuccessfullyTHUNKd comes in.
The Thunkable community are experienced users and creators who can provide powerful insights and help take your app to the next level.
Here are the 5 most important things for you to include when creating a post in #SuccessfullyTHUNKd.
- Background - tell us a compelling story about your app.
- Screenshots - show us what your app looks like.
- Thank Yous - acknowledge any help you received or third-party extensions you’ve used.
- Links - let us know where to download your app.
- Follow up - check back in every now and then to let us know how your app is doing.
Write a brief introduction to set the scene. Try to keep it short, 100 words or so, where you answer these questions:
- Who is the app is for, what’s your target market?
- How does your app make the users life better or easier?
- Why did you made this app, what was your inspiration?
- Did you use Thunkable Classic or Thunkable X?
- Do you have any plans/ambitions for future improvements or features?
They say a picture paints a thousand words, and this is certainly true for newly published apps. Most community members won’t click on a plain link unless they can see what they are opening.
You don’t have to restrict yourself to static images either, you should also consider animate gifs or you can really push the boat out and create a promotional video for your app.
3. Thank Yous
If so then don’t forget to @mention these individuals and acknowledge their hard work too!
The most important part of the post really is the link to your store listing, so make sure you don’t forget it!
If you’ve created an Android app I strongly recommend that you publish in a trusted store like the Google Play Store or the Amazon App Store because community members will be reluctant to download from stores that they’ve never heard of. If your app is for iOS then naturally you’ll be publishing in the App store.
5. Follow Up
The Thunkable community is constantly growing so I would encourage everyone who as posted in #SuccessfullyTHUNKd to drop back every 3 or 4 weeks and post an update on any new features you’ve added or milestones that you’ve hit.
Hopefully that’s enough to get you started with promoting your app and growing your user base.
If you have any of your own tips, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Best of luck to everyone with your #SuccessfullyTHUNKd apps!