Wandelen in de wijk

This afternoon i will be interviewed by a local newschannel and tomorrow my app will be part of a larger presentation of the diabetes challenge week to get people to excercise more. It is an app to let people walk certain routes through my community.

http://petermathijssen.nl/wandelenindewijk/index.html

It’s all in Dutch.

!

9 Likes

Best of luck with this @Peter_Mathijssen, if there are any news articles or broadcasts that you can link to please feel free to post them here too!

1 Like
4 Likes

Congratulations, @Peter_Mathijssen!!! Keep up the good job!!

1 Like

https://www.bd.nl/tilburg/nieuwe-wandelapp-met-routes-door-tilburg-tegen-diabetes-en-om-in-beweging-te-komen~a628360a/

Congratulations @Peter_Mathijssen on the success of your application. Keep it up :+1:

1 Like

Congrats @Peter_Mathijssen! Lekker!!!

1 Like

Very useful app Peter. I was pre diabetic some years ago, and successfully reduced my blood glucose to normal levels by walking every morning for one hour. Also followed a low carb diet. I lost a lot of weight too.

1 Like

Thanks.

Great work. I was not pre diabetic but i also followed a low carb diet. I lost 13 kilograms. I walk a couple of times a week. Did a 26 miles hike during my vacation.

2 Likes

A lot of media attention but this morning i got my biggest compliment. The local comic hero Kees Kruik was talking about my app in the newspaper :grinning:

Translation:

First image:
Kees Kruik (name of the character)

Second image:
Grandpa!

Third image:
I thought you were going to use the new app Wandelen in de wijk!

Fourth image:
The app will stimulate you to get walking and to get to know your neighbourhood.

Fifth image:
But i did walk and i got to know my neighbourhood better.

Sixth image:
And that stimulated me to not go walking again.

1 Like

I wasn’t so active lately, but I’m glad to say congratulations. Keep up the great job, keep reaching new heights and for sure, keep making more amazing apps like these.

2 Likes